Get continuous availability, blazing fast analytics, strong security, and operational simplicity for your online database applications.
Atlanta Cloud Tech has partnered with GoGrid to provide you world-class infrastructure as a service.
There are a lot of reasons to move to infrastructure in the clouds. By now, you know it is not a question of when you will deploy to the cloud, but when. Atlanta Cloud Tech and GoGrid bring you the DataStax Enterprise One-button deployment system.
What Is DataStax Enterprise?
DataStax Enterprise (DSE), built on Apache Cassandra™, delivers what Internet Enterprises need to compete in today’s high-speed, always-on data economy. With in-memory computing capabilities, enterprise-level security, fast and powerful integrated analytics and enterprise search, visual management, and expert support, DataStax Enterprise is the leading distributed database choice for online applications that require fast performance with no downtime.
Apache Cassandra is renowned in the industry as the only NoSQL solution that can accommodate the complex requirements of today’s modern line-of-business applications. It’s architected from the ground up for real-time enterprise databases that require vast scalability, high-velocity performance, flexible schema design and continuous availability.
The benefits Cassandra delivers to your business include:
- Elastic scalability – Allows you to easily add capacity online to accommodate more customers and more data whenever you need.
- Always on architecture – Contains no single point of failure (as with traditional master/slave RDBMS’s and other NoSQL solutions) resulting in continuous availability for business-critical applications that can’t afford to go down, ever.
- Fast linear-scale performance – Enables sub-second response times with linear scalability (double your throughput with two nodes, quadruple it with four, and so on) to deliver response time speeds your customers have come to expect.
- Flexible data storage – Easily accommodates the full range of data formats – structured, semi-structured and unstructured – that run through today’s modern applications. Also dynamically accommodates changes to your data structures as your data needs evolve.
- Easy data distribution – Gives you maximum flexibility to distribute data where you need by replicating data across multiple datacenters, the cloud and even mixed cloud/on-premise environments. Read and write to any node with all changes being automatically synchronized across a cluster.
- Operational simplicity – with all nodes in a cluster being the same, there is no complex configuration to manage so administration duties are greatly simplified.
- Transaction support – Delivers the “AID” in ACID compliance through its use of a commit log to capture all writes and built-in redundancies that ensure data durability in the event of hardware failures, as well as transaction isolation, atomicity, with consistency being tunable.
In addition, Cassandra requires no new equipment and is very economical to run. It also provides data compression (up to 80% in some cases), eliminates the hassle of memory caching software (e.g., memcached), and provides a query language (CQL) that’s similar to SQL, flattening the learning curve.
Why You Need DSE Cassandra
For starters, you get the C* Seal of Approval: the very latest production-grade, enterprise-ready edition of Cassandra that’s been thoroughly vetted by the thriving Cassandra community and production-certified by Cassandra experts and committers at DataStax, the world’s leading commercial provider of Cassandra products.
You also receive:
- Built-in support for analytics and search – DataStax Enterprise allows you to run analytics and search operations on your Cassandra data with Apache Hadoop and Solr in the same database cluster, without slowing anything down.
- Enterprise data security – DataStax Enterprise contains the most comprehensive security feature set of any NoSQL provider with built-in data security safeguards, including sophisticated authentication and data encryption not available in community Cassandra versions.
- Enterprise management and monitoring – easily manage and monitor your enterprise NoSQL platform with graphical dashboards, visual backup and restore functionality, simplified administration, full notification with alert management, and software updates.
- And more – You also get certified service packs, hot fix support, easy migration of relational database management systems and log data and a full spectrum of training, support and consultative services.